Customs ClearanceBeing a full-cycle clinical logistics group we understand how important it is to ensure on-time clearance of study materials. Any unexpected delay may affect the quality of the Investigational Product (IP) and drug availability at investigational sites, which is why COREX has its own Customs Department, staffed with professional declarants who are trained and certified with International Air Transport Association (IATA) and GDP, and have real experience in importation of unregistered drugs, cryptographic devices, dangerous goods and export of bio-samples.
Each shipment of clinical trial materials requires constant communication of all the parties involved in the supply chain. It is critical to ensure the completeness of the accompanying documents by the senders and recipients, especially when requirements differ from country to country. COREX gets involved long before the initial shipment with preparation and verification with the consignor of all applicable documents and ends with safe delivery of the shipment to the depot and issuance of the Proof of Delivery (POD).
For client’s convenience, COREX has developed a unique and personalized tool – WMS with full delivery and brokerage status tracker that interfaces with the Electronic Declaration Centre. This ensures uninterrupted submissions of customs declarations to the customs authorities and assures the most expeditious clearance timelines. As such, the average lead-time for a standard clearance is 2 business days.
As part of COREX LogiLinktm one-stop shop services, the Depot Shuttle collects and securely delivers cleared materials from the bonded customs warehouse to COREX Depot, providing an online Proof of Delivery (POD) in real time. We have our eyes on the shipment at every stage of clearance, making the entire process seamless, transparent and expeditious.
corex process approach
- 1 ADVANCE NEGOTIATION Forecasting and optimization of trial-specific import schedules, issuing necessary approvals and licenses.
- 2 DOCUMENT PREPARATION Request and double-verification of the accompanying documents, preliminary examination of the documents at customs.
- 3 T°-CONTROLLED TRANSPORTATION Airfreight in certified thermo-boxes, arrival monitoring and control, advance organization of customs inspection.
- 4 CUSTOMS CLEARANCE Submissions of customs declarations, regulatory inspection and cargo release.
- 5 CARGO RELEASE AND DISPATCH Collection of the cargo by the Depot Shuttle, subsequent storage and site distribution services.
Got a question? COREX experts are ready to answer!